Waffle Cherry Delight
Belgium waffle and cherry pie lovers can unite with the unique breakfast recipe, Waffle-Cherry Delight. This sweet breakfast recipe is perfect for folks with a sweet tooth
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- whipped cream
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- 4 eggs, separated
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon; add orange juice, cherries and peel.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil until thickened.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine milk, melted butter or margarine and egg yolks.
- Add to dry ingredients; stir just to moisten.
- Fold in stiffly-beaten egg whites.
- Bake in waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- Serve warm, cherry sauce over waffles; top with sweetened whipped cream.
Read NextNorth Carolina's Own Peach Jacks