Pumpkin Nut Waffles
Waffles are a delicious way to start your day, and pumpkin recipes are always yummy. Why not combine the two? Make these tasty pumpkin nut waffles and enjoy them for breakfast soon. You can even make them ahead and freeze them...just defrost any time you have a hankering.
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs separated (or an equivalent amount of Egg Beaters)
- 1 3/4 cup milk (try soy milk)
- 1/2 cup melted vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Beat egg yolks.
- Combine yolks with milk, shortening, and pumpkin.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Beat egg whites stiff.
- Fold into batter. (If you use the egg substitute, just skip the separation steps).
- Pour onto hot waffle iron.
- Sprinkle with a few chopped nuts and bake per instruction manual for your waffle iron.
Read NextDutch Baby German Pancake