- 6 slices bacon
- 16 ounces bag frozen corn, thawed
- 3 minced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Fry bacon and crumble into small pieces. Reserve bacon fat. In a large fry pan, saute corn in 1 Tablespoon of bacon fat for about 5 minutes, until corn begins to brown. Add next 8 ingredients and set mixture aside to cool. Add bacon, cream and egg yolks to mixture, then flour and baking powder. Beat egg whites until stiff. Add about 1/4 egg whites to the corn mixture to lighten it, then gently fold in the remaining egg whites. Drop mixture by 1/4 cup fulls into medium hot skillet and some reserved bacon fat. Add more bacon drippings as needed to fry all. Makes about 18 corn cakes.
Read NextDutch Baby Pancake Recipe
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use