Banana Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
You'll get an explosion of fruit with these banana pancakes with blueberry sauce. Made with fresh fruit and walnuts for added protein, this easy homemade pancake recipe will be a hit at your house for breakfast. Or even try it for dinner!
Hey if you like this blueberry recipe check out our favorites in this collection of 16 Delicious and Fun Blueberry Recipes.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- lemon zest
- In a large bowl, mix flour, the 2 tablespoons of sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, beat egg slightly, stir in milk, mashed banana and salad oil, add to flour mixture and stir just until flour is moistened.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat. Melt butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot skillet.
- Cook until the edges of the pancakes bubble and burst. Turn over with spatula.
- Cook until underside is golden brown. Serve right away with blueberry sauce or place on a heated platter to keep warm.
- In a saucepan, mash the blueberries with the remaining sugar.
- Add the water and lemon zest. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain, return to pan and simmer until slightly thickened.
- Pour desired amount over pancakes immediately and serve.
Read NextSt. Patrick's Day Potato Pancakes