Cheesy Hobo Omelet
My family loves this easy omelet recipe so much that they ask for it every weekend! Packed to the brim with bacon, sausage, and American cheese, there's no reason why it wouldn't be their favorite.
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt, to taste
- 3 links of cooked sausage, cut into slices
- 1/4 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 slices of American cheese, broken apart
- With a fork, lightly combine eggs, milk, salt & pepper to taste, and 2 tablespoons of chives in a medium bowl. Don't overbeat.
- Place omelette pan on medium-high heat, and swirl in 1 tablespoon of butter. After the butter sizzles, pour in half of the egg mixture. Using a fork, swirl the centre as the mixture begins to stiffen.
- Tilt the pan toward you, scraping cooked mixture at edges into centre, then tilt away from you so uncooked mixture fills the hole. Continue to do this until omelette is set but still moist.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese and meat onto top third of omelette. Tilt pan, fold omelette over in thirds.
- Slide it onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of chives (optional).
- Repeat for the second omelette.
Read NextPico de Gallo Frittata