If you like breakfast and you also like barbecue, this omelet is the perfect marriage of both. It's an omelet with a healthy dose of barbecue sauce built right in. Mmm-mmm!
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 small onion, chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped, divided
- black pepper, to taste
- seasoned salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon milk or water
- Beat eggs with milk, salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Melt the margarine in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook gently for about two minutes or until the sides and bottom of the omelet are set.
- Turn omelet over with a pancake turner, and sprinkle one half of the tomatoes, onions, and barbecue sauce down the center.
- Fold by bringing two sides together and carefully slide omelet on plate.
- Top with remaining onions, tomatoes, and barbecue sauce.