Serrano Chili and Cilantro Corn Bread Muffins
This is a delicious corn bread muffin recipe that has a delightful balance of sweet and hot. The brown sugar gives them their sweetness, and the serrano peppers give them their heat. Serve them with a bowl of hot chili for a great lunch or dinner!
- The recipe makes 8 very large muffins. For smaller size muffins, use standard muffin cups and make sure you reduce the baking time a little bit.
- For lots more tantalizing cornbread recipes (or do you say corn bread recipes?), check out our collection here.
Cooking Time25 min
- 1 1/2 cup cake flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 serrano chilies, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Butter eight 2/3-cup custard cups.
- Place cups in oven 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, corn meal, and baking powder in large bowl.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together in medium bowl.
- Add to dry ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Divide batter among prepared cups.
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 18-20 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Turn muffins out. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Read NextPumpkin and Poppyseed Muffins