Grandma's Applesauce Muffins
Remember the fluffy muffin recipe that Grandma had been using for decades? Well here it is again for you to try yourself. This is one of the few fruit muffin recipes that is worth making again and again. Fun, easy, and delicious! What more could you want?
Cooking Time25 min
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in applesauce (mixture make look separated).
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt over butter mixture. Add nuts.
- Stir with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened - do not over stir. Batter will look lumpy.
- Grease bottoms of muffin cups or use cupcake papers.
- Fill 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degrees F (preheated oven) for 20 - 25 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
Read NextConfetti Muffins