Apple and Cheddar Corn Muffins
Apple and cheddar is a classic combo that makes a great and flavorful muffin. These are great for breakfast, as a side dish with barbecue or as a snack on-the-go.
For lots more tantalizing cornbread recipes (or do you say corn bread recipes?), check out our collection here.
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 ounce yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 pound apples, cored, pared & diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 1/4 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, and baking powder. Add apples, corn, cheese, sugar, cinnamon, nutmg, stir to combine.
- In small bowl, beat eggs and oil; stir into flour mixture (don't over beat, the mixture will be stiff).
- Fill baking cups and bake for 15 minutes.