Homemade Corn Dogs
If you have a deep fryer you'll want to make these tasty homemade corn dogs. Simply place a skewer or popsicle stick in eight hot dogs, coat in corn bread mixture and place in deep fryer and you'll have some delicious homemade corn dogs your kids will love.
- Any good cornbread recipe works fine for corndogs.
- You can adjust the cling of the batter to the dog with more or less flour.
- If you like a little spice, add a bit of dry mustard to the batter.
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 skewers or popsicle sticks
- 1 box of corn bread mix
- oil for deep fat frying
- a bit of dry mustard
- Skewer the hot dog of your choice (popsicle sticks also work if you don't have skewers) and dip in the corn bread mix then deep fry.