Daoud Basha (lebanese Meatball)
- 1 kg (32 oz) finely minced lean meat
- 1 medium onion, peeled and grated
- 11/2 kg (48 oz) sliced onions
- 1/4 cup shortening or butter
- 1 Tbsp salt (as desired)
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate thickened juice
- a dash of ground cinnamon
- a dash of ground dried mint
- 1 cup water
Mix meat well with grated onion, salt, cinnamon, and all spice. Divide meat into 2.5 cm diameter balls. Fry onions with shortening and a dash of salt on moderate heat until soft and brown. Add meat balls. Fry on low heat till golden for 10 minutes. Dissolve pomegranate juice in water. Add to meat. Cover and cook for 30 minutes on low heat. Serve hot accompanied by Lebanese Rice.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Middle Eastern Recipes"
Middle Eastern Recipes
Check out this great collection of middle-eastern recipes. There are Arab favorites such as baba ghanouj, Lebanese fatoush, Moroccan couscous, and the ever-popular hummus and much more.
There are no records