This hummus recipe is delicious. Recipes for homemade hummus do not taste better. Spice up your hummus recipes with fresh vegetables like carrots.
- 2 canned or cooked garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 large carrots
- 5 tablespoons tahina (or to taste)
- 1 large garlic clove or 2-3 smaller cloves (to taste)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (to taste)
- coriander (whole seeds) to taste
- ground cumin (to taste)
- salt to taste
- fresh parsley, to taste
1. Microwave or steam carrots until soft enough to blend; crush coriander seeds with a mortar and pestle or hammer; mince or press garlic.
2. Add all items to food processor, using minimum starting amounts of "to taste" ingredients. Process well, scraping frequently, tasting and adjusting seasonings.
3. Serve as a spread on toasted bagels or pitas.