Poor Man's Potato Soup
On a budget, but still want to eat like a king? Then try Poor Man's Potato Soup for a creamy cheesy soup that will keep you coming back for more. Garnish with bacon and enjoy this easy potato soup recipe. Keep your wallet in your pocket tonight.
- 4 large potatoes
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 quart milk
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups crisp-cooked crumbled bacon
- 5 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Bake potatoes in Microwave until tender.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Slowly blend in flour with a wire whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Gradually add milk to the butter-flour mixture, whisking constantly. Whisk in salt and pepper and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Cut potatoes in small chunks. When milk mixture is very hot, whisk in potatos. Add green onion, sour cream and crumbled bacon. Heat thoroughly. Add cheese a little at a time until it is all melted in.