Microwave Stuffed Peppers
Microwave Stuffed Peppers are easy stuffed bell peppers that can be heated with a microwave! These tasty peppers are packed with ground beef, rice, onion, tomato and cheese.
Cooking Time20 min
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram leaves
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 4 large green peppers, seeds and pulp removed
- 1 slice low fat cheese, cut in 8 thin strips
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine crumbled ground beef, onion, tomato,rice, and seasonings.
- Mix well.
- Fill green peppers with meat mixture.
- Place a few wooden picks around the bottom of the peppers to hold up if needed.
- Place on roasting rack.
- Cover with wax paper.
- Microwave at high 13 to 17 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink and peppers are tender, rearranging after half the cooking time.
- Cut each cheese strip into halves - top each pepper with four halves.
- Microwave 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese melts.
For more stuffed pepper recipe ideas, check out our list of 8 Fast And Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipes.