Green Beans Almondine
Green Beans Almondine is a gorgeous complement to your Thanksgiving vegetable recipes. This Thanksgiving string beans recipe is an easy way to keep your side dishes light and healthy so your guests can load up on the main event!
Cooking Time17 min
- 2 pounds fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup slivered, blanched almonds
- 1 salt
- 1/4 pepper
- 1/4 ground nutmeg (optional)
- Wash beans and cut off ends.
- Place in a deep, 2-quart heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole with water.
- Heat, covered, in microwave oven 10 to 12 minutes or until until beans are crisp-tender. Drain beans.
- Add remaining ingredients to drained green beans. Stir to combine.
- Heat, uncovered, in microwave oven 5 minutes or until butter has melted and beans are tender.