Fast and Guiltless Beefy Enchiladas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You might think that quick recipes and nutritious meals are on opposite ends of the food spectrum. This calcium-rich food recipe for these Fast and Guiltless Beefy Enchiladas might prove you wrong! They are full of nutrients as well as super easy to make, as they take around 30 minutes to make. Oh, and these beef enchiladas are super tasty as well. It's the triple crown of comfort food meals. What else could you be looking for other than nutrition, taste, and speed? This meal seems like a win-win to us!
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time15 min
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 beef flavor bouillon cube or 1 tsp beef-flavor instant bouillon.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic minced
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 6 ounces can of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 3/4 pounds Ground beef
- 4 ounces can of diced green chili peppers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese
Prepare enchilada sauce, in medium saucepan heat oil; saute cup of onion and 1 clove garlic until tender.
Dissolve bouillon in cup of hot water; add to onion mixture
Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder, sugar, salt, and cumin.
Combine cup cold water and corn starch; gradually stir into tomato sauce mixture
Simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
To prepare beef filling, in large skillet; Brown ground beef and drain.
Remove from pan.
Add to the pan and saute cup onion and garlic clove in 2 tsp vegetable oil until tender
Stir in remaining filling ingredients, return beef, and add cup of the enchilada sauce; simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened.
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Spread cup of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of 12x8 inch baking dish
Set aside. In skillet, heat 1 tortilla over medium high heat about 15 seconds until warm, turning frequently.
Fill each tortilla with 2 Tbsp beef filling; roll up.
Place seam side down in prepared dish.
Pour remaining enchilada sauce over filled tortillas
Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
5 Minute Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Grande
Ranchero Mac and Cheese Bake
Baja Fish Tacos with Creamy Cilantro Lime Slaw Recipe
Chi Chi's Chicken Chimis
9 Mexican Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
Layered Mexican Delight
Easy Speedy Taco Bake
Easy New Mexico Style Flat Enchiladas Recipe
"Get Stuffed" Mexican Stuffed Shells
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins
- Roasted Butternut Squash Spinach Salad
- Savoury Cupcakes
- Slow Cooker Chinese Meatballs
- Frankenstein Jolly Rancher Suckers
- Garlic + Lemon + Mayo Artichoke Dipping Sauce
- Chicken And Whole Egg Soup
- Spider Web Cupcakes
- Beef Teriyaki
- One Pan Chicken and Spinach Gnocchi
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes