Fast and Guiltless Beefy Enchiladas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You might think that quick recipes and nutritious meals are on opposite ends of the food spectrum. This calcium-rich food recipe for these Fast and Guiltless Beefy Enchiladas might prove you wrong! They are full of nutrients as well as super easy to make, as they take around 30 minutes to make. Oh, and these beef enchiladas are super tasty as well. It's the triple crown of comfort food meals. What else could you be looking for other than nutrition, taste, and speed? This meal seems like a win-win to us!
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time15 min
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 beef flavor bouillon cube or 1 tsp beef-flavor instant bouillon.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic minced
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 6 ounces can of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 3/4 pounds Ground beef
- 4 ounces can of diced green chili peppers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese
Prepare enchilada sauce, in medium saucepan heat oil; saute cup of onion and 1 clove garlic until tender.
Dissolve bouillon in cup of hot water; add to onion mixture
Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder, sugar, salt, and cumin.
Combine cup cold water and corn starch; gradually stir into tomato sauce mixture
Simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
To prepare beef filling, in large skillet; Brown ground beef and drain.
Remove from pan.
Add to the pan and saute cup onion and garlic clove in 2 tsp vegetable oil until tender
Stir in remaining filling ingredients, return beef, and add cup of the enchilada sauce; simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened.
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Spread cup of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of 12x8 inch baking dish
Set aside. In skillet, heat 1 tortilla over medium high heat about 15 seconds until warm, turning frequently.
Fill each tortilla with 2 Tbsp beef filling; roll up.
Place seam side down in prepared dish.
Pour remaining enchilada sauce over filled tortillas
Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
If you're looking for a soup recipe you can make anytime you've got soup on the mind, this is the one! Tried and True Italian Pasta… Continue reading: "Tried and True Italian Pasta Soupvideocam"
- Easy New Mexico Style Flat Enchiladas Recipe
- Baked Taco Ring
- "Get Stuffed" Mexican Stuffed Shells
- Beef Taco Skillet
- Mexican Meatballs
- Chicken Soup, El Mirador Caldo Xochitl
- 5 Minute Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Grande
- One Pot Cheesy Mexican Chicken Skillet
- The Best Layered Burrito Bake
- 9 Mexican Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Maverick WIFI Digital Chef Roasting Thermometer
- VitaClay Digital Express MultiPot Set
- Gingerbread Spiced Walnuts
- Halloween Snack Mix
- Layered Pumpkin Squares
- Pumpkin Pie Shortbread Bars
- Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
- Marinated Herb T Bone Steaks
- Southwestern Potato Salad
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes