Fast and Guiltless Beefy Enchiladas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You might think that quick recipes and nutritious meals are on opposite ends of the food spectrum. This calcium-rich food recipe for these Fast and Guiltless Beefy Enchiladas might prove you wrong! They are full of nutrients as well as super easy to make, as they take around 30 minutes to make. Oh, and these beef enchiladas are super tasty as well. It's the triple crown of comfort food meals. What else could you be looking for other than nutrition, taste, and speed? This meal seems like a win-win to us!
Serves: 6 People
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 beef flavor bouillon cube or 1 tsp beef-flavor instant bouillon.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic minced
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 6 ounces can of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 3/4 pounds Ground beef
- 4 ounces can of diced green chili peppers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Prepare enchilada sauce, in medium saucepan heat oil; saute cup of onion and 1 clove garlic until tender.
- Dissolve bouillon in cup of hot water; add to onion mixture
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder, sugar, salt, and cumin.
- Combine cup cold water and corn starch; gradually stir into tomato sauce mixture
- Simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- To prepare beef filling, in large skillet; Brown ground beef and drain.
- Remove from pan.
- Add to the pan and saute cup onion and garlic clove in 2 tsp vegetable oil until tender
- Stir in remaining filling ingredients, return beef, and add cup of the enchilada sauce; simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread cup of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of 12x8 inch baking dish
- Set aside. In skillet, heat 1 tortilla over medium high heat about 15 seconds until warm, turning frequently.
- Fill each tortilla with 2 Tbsp beef filling; roll up.
- Place seam side down in prepared dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over filled tortillas
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Fresh Strawberry Frosé
- 10 Recipes with Doritos
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin Cake Truffles
- Candy Corn Trash Dessert
- Halloween Oreo Bat Truffles
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Poke Cake
- Mocha Cake with Kahlua Coffee Buttercream
- Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Brownie
- Easy Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
- No Bake Baileys Cheesecake
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes