We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Good and easy Mexican chicken recipes can be hard to come by sometimes. That's why Chicken Alambre is the perfect, flavorful one-pot recipe for your next family dinner fiesta. This dish combines the wonderful meaty flavors of chicken, chorizo, and bacon to make a filling entree for the whole family. Wrap the delicious meat mixture in a tortilla to make this into an easily portable dish, great for parties and large gatherings. This Mexican chicken recipe is so versatile that you'll want to make it for everything!
After figuring out how to make my own Mexican-style chorizo, I wanted to find more and more ways to use it. I read about chicken alambre which sounded incredible so decided to come up with my own version using my fresh chorizo sausage. It's a top favorite in my house!
This recipe was submitted as part of the Swiss Diamond One Pot Wonder Recipe Contest.
Preparation Time10 min
- 1 (12-ounce) package bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pound Mexican bulk chorizo or Spanish chorizo removed from casing and chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, deveined and chopped
- 8 ounces mozzarella, cut into small pieces
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 medium limes, cut into wedges
- 1 to 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium to high heat. Once heated, cook the bacon, stirring often, until browned and crispy, about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Pour the remaining grease from the pan.
Return the pan to the stove and heat up again. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring and breaking up large clumps, until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the chicken and red bell pepper to the chorizo. Cook, stirring, until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add the bacon back to the pan and add the mozzarella. Stir until the cheese is melted and remove the pan from the heat.
Serve on tortillas with a squeeze of lime, tomato and cilantro.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
If you love being able to have the best of both worlds when it comes to dessert and breakfast, you're going to adore this Heavenly… Continue reading: "Heavenly Cinnamon Bun Pievideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Whiskey Sour
- Egg In A Hole Breakfast
- How To Make A Simple Charcuterie Board
- Sloppy Joes
- Taco Soup
- Easy Classic Italian Pasta Salad
- Chocolate Whoopie Pies With Vanilla Cream Cheese Filling
- 20 Min Spiced Salmon
- Easy Banana Muffins
- Easy Kashmiri Pulao
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes