Korean Style Hillshire Farms Dogs with Kim Chee Slaw
Hot dogs are a classic American food, but have you ever thought about giving them an Asian touch? Korean Style Hillshire Farms Dogs with Kim Chee Slaw put a tasty twist on traditional hot dog recipes. The Kim Chee Slaw is not the only special addition to this recipe, though. Serve the dogs with sliced avocado and lime juice for a truly one-of-a-kind flavor. Whip up a side of fries, and you have a fantastic summertime family dinner. You'll soon see how simple it is to make hot dogs look and taste gourmet.
Cooking Time20 min
- For slaw:
- 1 1/2 cup Napa cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup kim chee, finely sliced (available in the Asian section or in Asian stores)
- 1 teaspoon kim chee juice
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Garlic and Sea Salt (using grinder)
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (available in the Asian section)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Select toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Crisco canola oil
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced scallions
- For dogs:
- 1 package Hillshire Farms Gourmet Creations Beef & Jalapeno with Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small ripe Haas avocado, cut into quarters, peeled, and sliced
- 4 hot dog buns
Gather equipment, including: 2 quart mixing bowl for slaw, 10 inch saute pan, 9x13 baking tray, and 4 dinner plates.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Begin cooking the dogs. Heat a saute pan on medium high heat. Add in the Beef & Jalapeno sausage and slowly cook for 2 minutes to heat through.
Add in the soy sauce, sugar and lime juice and allow to reduce and glaze the sausage.
For slaw, combine the cabbage, red onion, kim chee, kim chee juice, McCormick Garlic and Sea Salt, rice wine vinegar, toasted sesame oil, sesame seeds, mayonnaise, canola oil, and scallions and reserve in the refrigerator.
To serve, open the 4 hot dog buns and place one Hillshire Farms Beef & Jalapeno sausage in each. Carefully arrange 1/4 of the avocado slices in each of the hot dogs. Garnish each dog with 1/4 of the kim chee slaw. Place on 4 plates. Serve immediately.