Sun Dried Tomato and Olive Biscuits
One of the top biscuit recipes I've ever made and eaten, you won't be able to stop if you make this savory biscuit. Gourmet your meal up with these Sun Dried Tomato and Olive Biscuits.
Cooking Time12 min
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped black olives
- 2 teaspoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the black pepper, Parmesan cheese, dried basil, olives, and sun dried tomatoes.
- Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With a mixing spoon, make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the buttermilk, and oil. Stir until just combined.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out the dough until 1/2 inch thick.
- Using a 3 inch biscuit cutter cut out rounds, gently rerolling the scraps, to make 9 biscuits.
- Transfer the biscuits to the prepared baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden.