Red, White and Blueberry Dessert Squares
Create the perfect layered dessert for your 4th of July gathering with these cookie squares topped with blueberries, raspberries and cream. A sweet glaze keeps everything firm and easily cut into squares for a crowd.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 8 ounces package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 ounces jar marshmallow creme
- 8 ounces container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 3 ounces pkg raspberry jell-o
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; mix well.
- Using fork or pastry blender, cut in margarine until coarse crumbs form. Stir in walnuts. Lightly press mixture in ungreased 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool. Sprinkle blueberries over cooled crust.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add marshmallow creme; beat just until combined. fold in whipped topping. Spread over blueberries. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm. Sprinkle raspberries over top of cheese mixture.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water; mix well. cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and becomes clear. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool glaze 20 to 30 minutes or until lukewarm.
- Carefully spoon glaze over raspberries. Refrigerate about 1 hour until firm. Cut into squares. Store in refrigerator.