Pumpkin Patch Cakes
Mini Bundt cakes become jack-o'-lanterns. Start with packaged cake mix and icing and add candy and other edible decorations to make these fantastically yummy Pumpkin Patch Cakes.
Miniature Bundt pans are available for $18 at Michael's.
Photos by Evans Caglage/DMN; styling by Lisa Veigel/Staff Designer.
See this recipe and more in 41 Halloween Party Food Recipes.
- 1 box spice cake mix, plus ingredients called for on package
- 2 cans vanilla icing
- 1 box Betty Crocker Fruit by the Foot Variety pack (contains 6 rolls, 0.75-ounce each)
- Food colorings
- Assorted candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour into small Bundt pans and bake according to the pan's directions. (A pan containing six separate Bundts called for 15 minutes).
- Scoop the icing from both cans into a medium-size bowl. Add a small amount of orange food coloring to the icing and stir to combine. Continue adding color until you get the shade of orange you desire.
- Place one Bundt cake upside down (rounded side on the bottom) on a cake plate; frost the top only.
- Place the second Bundt cake flat-side down on top of first cake. Frost the entire cake with orange frosting, making up-and-down motions with spatula to simulate a pumpkin.
- Use Fruit by the Foot, candies, chocolate, gumdrops, black licorice or jelly beans to decorate.
- Makes 6 pumpkin cakes or 12 miniature Bundt cakes.
Read NextCandy Pumpkin Peanut Butter Kisses