Southwestern Grilled Chicken Salad
This centerpiece salad features grilled chicken with juicy oranges, black beans, green onion and salad greens, topped with an amazing dressing made with lime juice and garlic. Chicken recipes have never been so good or refreshing.
Serves4 (2 1/2 cups each)
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 cups mixed salad greens torn in bite-size pieces
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
Stir the picante sauce, 2 tablespoons oil, lime juice and garlic powder in a small bowl.
Sprinkle the chicken with chili powder. Brush with the remaining oil.
Heat the grill to medium and grill chicken for 15 minutes or until cooked through, turning once. Slice the chicken into strips.
Place the salad greens on 4 plates. Top with the chicken, beans and oranges. Sprinkle with the onions and pour the picante sauce mixture over all.