Grilled Pork Roast
Easy pot roast recipes are a must all year round. This Grilled Pork Roast is so wonderful because it is stuffed with cheese and garlic. Cheese and garlic! The flavors cook together to make one of the most delicious meats.
Cooking MethodGrilling, Slow Cooker
- 5 pounds Pork Roast - any cut you want
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons crushed dry basil
- garlic salt, salt, fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, to taste
- Either press the garlic cloves or mince as fine as possible. Mix together the garlic, cheese, basil and seasonings. Add enough olive oil to make a paste with the mixture.
- Make several 2" slits all around the pork roast. Stuff each slit with the garlic-cheese mixture. Use it all up.
- Place the roast in a metal roasting pan and add about 1 cup of water. Cover tightly with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Heat the grill to 300 degrees--or more up to 350. If using a Weber or similar grill, place the roast in the middle of the grill between the charcoals. If using a gas grill with two sets of jets, turn on only one side and place the roast on the unlit side. Figure approximately 25 minutes per pound of roast for the cooking time. Keep the roast covered for about the first half of the cooking time.
- During the remaining half of the total cooking time remove the foil cover and just let it sit loosly on the roast and baste frequently with the following: 3/4 cup honey 3-4 tbsp soy sauce dash garlic salt Use the baste all up within three times of basting.
- From there on, baste with the juices in the pan. Add more water if the juices start to cook down. During the last 45 minutes of cooking, remove the foil completely to get a nice brown crust on the roast. You may need to turn the roast if using a gas grill so that both side (and top and bottom) will get brown evenly. Serve with fresh thick slices of Vienna bread, tossed salad, baked potato, steamed asparagus, and a fresh fruit desert.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.