BBQ Miso Eggplant
Learn how to prepare eggplant Japanese style with this healthy recipe for grilled eggplant. This healthy eggplant recipe is one of the most delicious ways to cook eggplant.
- 1 pound round eggplant, cut in half
- 2 ounces shiro miso (white miso paste)
- 1 ounce sake (Japanese rice wine)
- 2 ounces sugar
- 1/2 ounce soy sauce
- 6 ounces water
- 1/2 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 ounce sesame oil
- Combine shiro miso, sake, sugar, soy sauce, water, green onion, and sesame oil in a bowl to create a marinade.
- Marinate eggplant slices overnight.
- Drain and grill on a well oiled grill until grill marks are well defined. Serve with reserved marinade.