BBQ Beans With Apple
For a different twist on baked beans, try these grilled beans instead. The addition of apple adds a unique flavor, and they complement any grilling recipe nicely.
- If cooking in a smoker, you'll need to smoke them longer.
- Best if made night before and put in fridge.
Cooking MethodGrilling, Slow Cooker
- 2 cans pork and beans, drained
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cubed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 slices smoked bacon
- Heat grill to 325F degrees.
- Combine beans, sugar, apple, onion, raisins,and BBQ sauce in an oven-proof dish.
- Top with bacon.
- Cook uncovered, on a 325F degree grill for 1-1/2 hours.