Aunt Jane's Famous Baby Back Ribs
In my family, Aunt Jane is famous for her delicious baby back ribs. Cooking pork ribs that are full of flavor is easy with this recipe. This barbecue pork ribs recipe will blow you away. Hooray for tender baby back ribs.
If you like this baby back ribs recipe, be sure to check out our full collection of the 10 Tantilizing, Mouthwatering Recipes for Baby Back Ribs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches spring onions, chopped
- 2 cups red onions, chopped
- 8 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups plus 3 tablespoon dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup tomato paste, about 9 ounces
- 1 cup Grey Poupon mustard
- 1 cup spring water
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 3 cut jalapeno chilis
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin, divided
- 2 cups sour mash bourbon
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon grounded cloves
- 2 teaspoons grounded pickling spices
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 pounds baby back pork ribs (about 3 whole racks)
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-low heat. Add green onions, red onions and garlic and saute until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Mix in 2 cup brown sugar, ketchup, tomato paste, mustard, water, Worcestershire, soy, vinegar, apple juice, jalapenos, hot sauce, and 1 tablespoon of the cumin, adding bourbon last. Simmer sauce until thick and reduced to 7 cups, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix remaining 2 tablespoons of cumin, chili powder, mustard, cloves, pickling spices, brown sugar, salt, cayenne, cardamom and cinnamon in medium bowl. Rub spice mixture over both sides of rib racks. Arrange ribs on large baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Cut rib racks into 4- to 6-rib sections. Arrange ribs on barbecue. Grill until meat is tender, occasionally turning ribs with tongs, about 40 minutes.
- Using tongs, transfer ribs to work surface. Cut rib sections between bones into individual ribs. Arrange on clean baking sheet.
- Transfer 3 cups sauce to small bowl; place remaining sauce in small saucepan and reserve. Brush ribs with sauce from bowl. Return ribs to barbecue.
- Place pan of reserved sauce at edge of barbecue to rewarm. Grill ribs until brown and crisp on edges, brushing with more sauce from bowl and turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Serve ribs with warm sauce.