- 1 1/2 pound butter, clarified and chilled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup cognac or bourbon
- 2 cups chopped almonds, toasted
- 6 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds powdered sugar
Beat butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add 1/2 cup sugar and beat well. Dissolve baking soda in lemon juice, add to butter mixture. Add vanilla, cognac and almonds. Gradually add the flour, knead until soft, about 15 minutes. Pinch off small amount of dough and shape as desired about 1/2-inch thick. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350-degrees for 15 to 20-minutes or until very lightly browned. Remove from oven, sprinkle with rosewater. While still warm, dip each cookie into a bowl filled with sifted powdered sugar. Press the sugar all around with fingers. Place on brown paper and sprinkle tops generously with additional sifted powdered sugar. Makes 30 large cookies or 50 small cookies.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use