Arni Me Araka
- 3 pounds lamb
- 1/2 pound butter or margarine
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, peeled, strained OR
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste + 2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 pounds peas, shelled, washed
- water as needed
(LAMB WITH PEAS). Cut meat into 1 1/2" cubes (approx.). Wash and drain. Brown butter in a pot. Add meat and brown well. Add scallions, and cook until soft but not dark. Add tomatoes (or diluted tomato paste), dill, parsley, salt & pepper. Simmer about. 20 min. Add peas and an additional. 1 cup water. Cover, simmer until all liquid is absorbed and only butter remains as a sauce.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Greek Recipes"
Dozens and dozens of Greek recipes, including traditional avgolemono recipes and spanakopita recipes, as well as moussaka and pastitsio and more.
There are no records