These fruit skewers are an amazing and simple watermelon recipe with other fruits. Enjoy a number of delicious and exotic fruits in this clever dish.
- Simple syrup
- Fresh mint
- 1 Round seeless watermelon, balled
- 1 Honeydew balled
- 1 Canteloupe or papaya, balled
- Raspberries or blueberries
- Make three syrups: kumquat, mint and lemon.
- For simple syrup, combine equal parts whie cane sugar (3/4 cup) to water (3/4 cup).
- Boil, stirring occasionally. Add flavoring while boiling.
- Simmer, not stirring, until reduced by almost half. Cool.
- Drizzle syrup over fruit and let steep overnight: canteloupe in kumquat, honeydew in mint and watermelon in lemon.
- Thread fruit balls onto wooden skewers separating each ball with a raspberry or a blueberry.