Frozen Dessert Salad
Fruit salad is the perfect side dish or dessert for any party or meal. You can make this frozen dessert salad anytime of the year because no fresh fruit is required. Simply use a one pound can of fruit cocktail and you're all set!
This recipe was featured in 30 Frozen Desserts to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth. Check out the 29 other awesome frozen desserts featured in the article for some great dessert recipes!
- 1 pound can of fruit cocktail
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 16 large marshmallows, quartered
- 1 3-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise/salad dressing
- 1/4 cup drained maraschino cherries
- 1 1/2 cup graham crackers crumbs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter/margarine
- Drain fruit, reserve 1/4 cup syrup and add syrup and lemon to marshmallows.
- Let stand until marshmallows soften.
- Mash cream cheese and beat in mayonnaise, blend well; add marshmallow mixture.
- Fold in whip cream and add drained fruit and cherries; mix lightly.
- Line two ice-cube trays or meat loaf pan with wax paper.
- Mix crumbs, sugar, butter together until crumbly.
- Pour salad into trays; sprinkle with remaining crumbs; cover and freeze.
- A half hour before serving, remove to food compartment of refrigerator.