Fried Mexican Ice Cream
Make restaurant-style fried ice cream at home with this simple recipe. This cool treat is perfect for parties year round!
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream or other flavor
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflake or cookie crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg
- Oil for deep frying
- Whipped cream
- Scoop out 5 balls of ice cream. Return to freezer.
- Mix cornflake crumbs, cinnamon and sugar. Roll frozen ice cream balls in half of crumb mixture and freeze again.
- Beat egg and dip coated balls in egg, then roll again in remaining crumbs. Freeze until ready to use. (For thicker coating, repeat dipping in egg and rolling in crumbs.)
- When ready to serve, heat oil to 350 degrees F. Place 1 frozen ice cream ball in fryer basket or on perforated spoon and lower into hot oil 1 minute. Immediately remove and place in dessert dish. Drizzle with honey and top with dollop of whipped cream.
- Continue to fry balls one at a time. Balls will be crunchy on outside and just beginning to melt inside.
Read NextGerman Chocolate Lover's Frozen Pie