Looking for something sweet to nibble? Try this Avocado Sorbet. It's one of those frozen sorbet desserts that's unexpected but unforgettable.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 3 avocados, seeded, peeled, and mashed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Fresh raspberries and crisp cookies, optional for garnish
- Bring sugar, corn syrup, and water to boil in large saucepan.
- Remove from heat; stir in lime peel. Cool 50 to 60 minutes.
- Blend avocados and lemon and lime juice in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add cooled sugar mixture; blend until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan or 2 smaller pans so depth is about 1/2 inch. Freeze 1 hour.
- Remove sorbet from freezer, beat 2 to 3 minutes until light and creamy.
- Pour back into pan; cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- Serve sorbet with fresh raspberries and crisp cookies.
Read NextVintage Baked Alaska
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.