This is the perfect, cool, fruity dessert for a hot summer day. Serve it at your barbecues, parties, and reunions. Best of all, it's easy to make!
- 1 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
1. Place apricots in saucepan with enough water to cover, and bring to boil over medium heat.
2. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until fruit is soft, about 20 minutes.
3. Drain and reserve 3/4 cup of fruit liquid. Cool.
4. Puree fruit in food processor or blender with reserved fruit liquid.
5. Add lemon juice and sugar to fruit and puree 30 seconds longer.
6. Pour into 8-inch square pan. Place in freezer and stir every 15 minutes until creamy.
7. Cover and freeze.