Double Orange Jello Refrigerator Cake
Okay, you do have to bake this cake, but not for long! This easy Double Orange Jello Refrigerator Cake is one of the best jello dessert recipes you will ever try. The creamy orange-vanilla combination is delicious! Just like a dreamsicle.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time25 min
- 1 orange cake mix
- 1 small package (about 4 serving size) orange jello
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1 (8-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) container Cool Whip cream
- 1 small package (about 4 serving size) vanilla instant pudding
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13" x 9" pan. For cake, prepare and bake following directions. Cool 25 minutes.
- Dissolve jello in 3/4 cup boiling water. Set aside at room temperature. Stir occasionally.
- Poke holes in top of warm cake with long tined fork. Pour jello slowly over cake. Refrigerate.
- For topping, combine oranges, whip cream, pudding mix (unprepared) and 2/3 cup water in large bowl.
- Stir until well blended, crushing oranges slightly. Spread over cake. Refrigerate. until ready to serve.
Read NextSouthern Sunshine Salad
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Aug 20, 2012
The 4th ingredient is 2/3 cup cold water. Is this for the Jello? I ask because the last ingredient is also 2/3 cup water for the "topping".
Sep 14, 2011
This cake is AWESOME!!! Was already asked to bring this cake to our next dinner function.
Aug 22, 2011
@doverspike 1490146, 1. If your local grocery store does not carry orange cake mix, you can purchase it online. Here is a link: http://www.duncanhines.com/products/cakes/moist-deluxe-orange-supreme-cake-mix We have updated the recipe to include answers to your other questions. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. All of our recipes are user submitted, and we are constantly striving to make them as easy for our readers to understand as possible! Please let us know how this recipe turns out if you make it! --Editor of RecipeLion
Aug 19, 2011
Three questions: 1. Where do you purchase an orange cake mix? I have never seen one. 2. What size cool whip? 3. Do you prepare the vanilla pudding before adding, or just add the dry pudding mix?
May 03, 2010
Thanks for catching that mistake! We have updated the recipe. -RecipeLion Editors
Apr 30, 2010
I think you meant to say a long tined fork.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use