Bonfatto's Hawaiian BBQ Wing & Marinade Sauce Review
By: Chris Wright, Editor, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bonfatto’s Hawaiian BBQ Wing Sauce & Marinade versus selected competition, who won?
"A “special occasion” came about the other day for my teenage son – he and his girlfriend of an entire 210 days were celebrating their 7 month anniversary. AJ took on the role of chef and host for the evening and declared he would prepare dinner for her. He then leaned over and said “Dad, I’m gonna need your help.” We laid out a menu of Iowa Cut Pork Chops, fingerling potatoes and onion packet, a garden salad, sparkling lemonade and for dessert . . . he let the local DQ do the honors. To prep the Iowa Cut Pork Chops we looked for something we hadn’t tried before and found Bonfatto’s Wing Sauce & Marinade Hawaiian BBQ. What tempted us to try it was the snappy description on the bottle that included the words “. . . even the pig!”
To make the evening interesting we prepared 4 Iowa Cut Pork Chops - each prepared differently. All four were brought to room temp in a covered bowl. The first was marinated in Bonfatto’s. The second was marinated in a homemade sauce made from Worcestershire Sauce, Buckwheat Honey, Sriracha, salt, garlic, pepper and ketchup.
The 3rd and 4th chops were prepared dry rub style with dry rubs we picked up from The Spice House. Chop #3 got the Bronzeville Rib Rub and Chop #4 got the Back of the Yards Garlic Pepper Butcher’s Rub. After being prepped they all were individually sealed in zip lock bags for 2 hours at room temp. The back two burners on the grill were put on high heat for 10 minutes before putting on the chops. These chops require a good cook time – we let them grill for 8 minutes aside and they came off prefect!
AJ and his girlfriend, my wife and I took a piece from each pork chop to see which we liked best. The Bonfatto’s was the clear winner followed by a tie for the dry rubs. The homemade BBQ sauce . . . let’s just say Bonfatto’s has no worry about competition! We are also going to see how Bonfatto’s does with chicken wings come this Labor Day weekend!"
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Ronco Pizza and More Countertop Appliance Oven Review
- New West Knifeworks G-Fusion Chopper Knife
- Veg-All Canned Vegetables Review
- Hammer Stahl 10.5" Fry Pan
- Red Copper Square Pan Review
- Cosori Mini Electric Pressure Cooker
- Freshlike Canned Vegetables Review
- Terra's Kitchen Delivery Meal Kit Review
- Minerva Amish Roll Butter Review
- Swiss Diamond 9-Piece Set Review
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Peach Sweet Tea
- Easy 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
- Teriyaki Pineapple Pork Tenderloin Sliders
- Breakfast Crescent Ring with Sausage & Egg
- Homemade Schezwan Sauce
- Easy Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Orange Creamsicle Mimosa
- Traegar Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Trail Mix Rice Crispy Treats
- Egg & Bacon McMuffin Casserole Egg Bake