Holiday Food Gift Pack Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
www.allens.com, mommadefoods.com, www.deifratelli.com
Reviewed by Jordan Sward
Holidays are a busy time for everyone, and since I do my fair share of cooking during Thanksgiving and Christmas, sometimes I just want a quick and easy meal that can be on the table with very little effort. Stocking my pantry with products from Veg-All, Princella, Mom Made Foods and Dei Fratelli is the perfect time- and stress-saver. When I need something super quick, I turn to Mom Made Foods for convenient yet healthy meals in minutes. For a quick family dinner, pasta with Dei Fratelli is perfect. Or, when I'm busy preparing holiday meals, Princella sweet potatoes and Veg-all canned vegetables definitely come in handy. These products take the stress out of the holiday season.
Princella Sweet Potatoes
I absolutely love sweet potatoes, but am usually skeptical of the canned variety. Tasting the cut sweet potatoes from Princella totally changed my mind. These sweet potatoes have the perfect texture -- not to soft but not too firm. Plus the taste is phenomenal, with just the right amount of sweetness. If you're looking for an alternative to regular potatoes, these canned goodies are great! Plus, they're perfect to use in a sweet potato casserole or sweet potato pie.
Veg-All Canned Vegetables
You could really taste each of the individual vegetables in this mixed can, which is more than you can say for a lot of mixed vegetable pre-packaged goods. These vegetables were great for cooking, but I think they would also be great served on their own as a side dish. The flavor was so good, you'd hardly need to add any seasoning at all. Always fresh tasting, always fresh-looking (not pale and pasty like so many other brands of canned vegetables), Veg-All makes for quick prep and great taste no matter what you cook.
Mom Made Foods
I was surprisingly pleased to discover how much flavor was packed into these miniature meatballs! I really enjoyed the taste, and it's an added bonus
that they are made with all natural meat. I can see how the size would be ideal for serving to little kids not only as an after-school snack, but for dinner, as well. They are also a great size for creating bite-size finger food to be passed around or served as an appetizer at a party.
Dei Fratelli pasta sauce tasted so fresh, as though it was homemade with veggies picked from the garden, instead of over processed like so many store-bought sauces. I think my favorite part of this sauce, however, was the addition of sea salt. The sea salt added a new dimension of flavor to my plain old spaghetti. As for the pizza sauce, I'm not normally a fan of pre-packaged pizza sauce, but thought I'd give the Dei Fratelli brand a try and was pleasantly surprised. It has good body, a pleasing texture, and a mild flavor. It’s a great blank canvas for seasoning and toppings to suit your fancy.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Classic Salisbury Steak Recipe is an old fashioned comfort food recipe you're surely familiar with. A favorite among many Moms… Continue reading: "Classic Salisbury Steak Recipevideocam"
- Chance to Win a Midea Electric Rice Cooker!
- Win an UpCart and UpGrade Bag!
- Enter to Win a Cake Decorating and Crafting Airbrush Set!
- Boon Kitchen Tools Review
- Enter for a chance to win the Red Copper Square Pan!
- Win a Fiesta Skillet Baker!
- Win a Swiss Diamond Prestige Chef Knife!
- Win a La Cuisine Cast Iron Enameled Roasting Pan!
- Chance to Win a Kuhn Rikon Microwave Pressure Cooker!
- Win a Pyrex-Inspired Vintage Charm Mixing Bowl Set!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Old-fashioned Cranberry Muffins
- Sloppy Joe
- Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Victoria Sponge Cake In Air Fryer
- Beet Salad
- Air Fryer Cheesecake
- Apple Raisin Bread Clafouti
- Cheddar Cheese Onion Potatoes
- Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Homemade Focaccia Pizza
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes