The Flying Brownie Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Provided by The Harvard Common Press
Reviewed by Jordan Sward
No matter what the occasion, receiving a care package full of homemade treats is sure to brighten anyone's day. When I want to send a gift to someone, I often struggle with thinking of what to send. Shirley Fan's cookbook, The Flying Brownie, includes 100 recipes for homemade treats that pack easily, ship fresh, and taste great! With all the different delicious treats in the book, I don't think I will ever run out of treat ideas to send to family and friends.
This book is a complete guide of how to send the best possible care packages. Whether you're sending to soldiers overseas, friends or family at college, or simply someone who needs a pick-me-up, The Flying Brownie has ideas for everyone on your list. Not only does the book include 100 recipes for a wide variety of treats, it also includes a wealth of helpful information to keep in mind when sending care packages. From ideas for what to pack in, to tips on shipping, the book covers it all.
Another thing I love about this cookbook is that each recipe tells you how long that specific treat will stay fresh, so you can ensure the goodies are delivered at their best. Plus, Fan includes the best ways to pack and ship each individual recipe. Since you want to avoid sending treats that arrive a crumbly, dry mess, all of the recipes are road-tested and able to stand up to any travel conditions.
As for the recipes, The Flying Brownie includes brownies and bars, cookies, breads, savory treats and more! The book includes a chapter for Confections That Go the Extra Mile, full of treats that are able to withstand particularly long road trips. There is also a whole chapter full of goodies that are assembled upon arrival, like Classic Hot Chocolate in a Jar. Some of the recipes in this cookbook that caught my eye were No-Bake Swedish Coco Balls, Salted Nut Brittle, Chocolate-Caramel Surprise Cookies and Chewy Gooey Blondies.
We all know someone who lives far away, whether it's a friend or a relative. Especially during the holidays, this cookbook will inspire you to choose an elderly aunt living across country, or an old friend who lives several states away, and send them something absolutely delicious. Care packages are a great way to make someone's day, and filling them with homemade treats is budget-friendly!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Baked Potato Breakfast Casserole may soon become your newest go-to casserole recipe. Why? Because it's an easy egg casserole you just… Continue reading: "Baked Potato Breakfast Casserolevideocam"
- RecipeLion's 103 Cookbooks
- Retro Recipes from the ‘50s and ‘60s: 103 Vintage Appetizers, Dinners, and Drinks Everyone Will Love
- RecipeLion's Dinner and Cookie Cookbooks
- Homemade Soup Recipes: 103 Easy Recipes for Soups, Stews, Chilis, and Chowders Everyone Will Love
- Easy Cookie Recipes: 103 Best Recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cake-Mix Creations, Bars, and Holiday Treats Everyone Will Love RecipeLion Cookbook
- Simple, Fresh and Healthy Cookbook Review
- The Biggest Loser Flavors of the World Cookbook Review
- The Cleaner Plate Club Cookbook Review
- Bakeless Sweets Review
- Taste of Home Annual Recipes Cookbook 2014 Review
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- Slow Cooker Beef & Pumpkin Stew
- Panera Copycat Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread
- Homemade Chocolate Frosting
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Hot And Sour Soup
- No Bake Turtle Pumpkin Pie
- Slow Cooker Corn Casserole
- Beef Enchilada Casserole
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes