Not Your Mother's Casserole Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"The title of this book, Not Your Mother's Casserole by Faith Durand, does not lie. The mouth watering recipes inside may slightly resemble your casserole favorites like lasagna but with a twist like the Butternut Squash and Sage Lasagna. This cookbook won me over right away with the Baked For Breakfast recipes in the front of the book. The second recipe in the book, Baked Buttermilk Pancakes, is going to streamline my Sunday morning brunch ritual and I can't wait to try out the Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Bake on my finicky teenager.
Now, I had always considered a casserole as a dish of ingredients just mixed all together and baked but the recipes in this book are simply anything that is baked in a dish. So, I was delighted to see the Double Baked Mini Potatoes with Bacon and Oven Braised Radishes with Balsamic Vinegar.
Also included in the forward of the book are great tips about what to keep in your pantry and how to make your casseroles ahead of time. As a busy mom, I love the convenience of casseroles and these new recipes will easily replace my tired overused dinners. And if you have a vegetarian in your life like I do, there are some great options like the Baked Tofu Marinated in Soy, Sesame, and Ginger or the Sweet and Spicy Baked Tempeh. These new re-vamped casseroles will be hitting my table very soon and I can't wait to hear my family's own reviews."
"If you think that you don't like casseroles, then maybe the recipes contained in this cookbook will change your mind. So many of these casseroles go far beyond the basic tuna noodle and reach into food combinations I would have never thought of trying. After all, when was the last time you used avocado, duck or celeriac in a casserole?
The recipes run the entire gamut of casseroles, from breakfast to dessert.
Plus, there's some non-casserole side dish and salad recipes for ideas on what to pair with a good casserole. All of the recipes are easy to read and follow, plus I liked that each recipe specified what size casserole dish to use. If you love casseroles but need to mix things up in the kitchen, then this cookbook is for you."
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This 4-Ingredient Chocolate Pudding Dump Cake is, hands down, the easiest dump cake you will ever make. It requires three ingredients… Continue reading: "4-Ingredient Chocolate Pudding Dump Cake"
- RecipeLion's 103 Cookbooks
- Essential Slow Cooker Recipes: 103 Fuss-Free Slow Cooker Meals Everyone Will Love
- Retro Recipes from the ‘50s and ‘60s: 103 Vintage Appetizers, Dinners, and Drinks Everyone Will Love
- Homemade Soup Recipes: 103 Easy Recipes for Soups, Stews, Chilis, and Chowders Everyone Will Love
- RecipeLion's Dinner and Cookie Cookbooks
- No-Bake Desserts: 103 Easy Recipes for No-Bake Cookies, Bars, and Treats RecipeLion Cookbook
- Taste of Home Annual Recipes Cookbook 2014 Review
- Easy Cookie Recipes: 103 Best Recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cake-Mix Creations, Bars, and Holiday Treats Everyone Will Love RecipeLion Cookbook
- "The Newlywed Cookbook" Review
- 300 Best Casserole Recipes Cookbook Review
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Chicken And Gravy
- Blender Virgin Daiquiri Recipe
- White Chocolate Ice Cream With Ice Cream Maker
- Buffalo Chicken Mac And Cheese
- Grilled Nashville Hot Chicken Mac And Cheese
- Traeger Smoked Turkey Legs
- Beer Battered Fish Nuggets
- Traeger Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- Traeger Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- Traeger Chicken Lollipop
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes