- 10 ounces asparagus, cut 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 bacon slices, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 green onions (white parts only), thinly sliced
- Steam asparagus until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk eggs, grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in large bowl to blend well.
- Saute bacon pieces in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add sliced green onions and saute until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add cooked asparagus; saute until heated through. Reduce heat to medium.
- Spread asparagus mixture in single layer in skillet. Pour egg mixture over asparagus.
- Cook until eggs are very softly set, tilting skillet, gently running rubber spatula around edges and allowing uncooked egg portion to flow underneath, about 4 minutes.
- Tilt skillet and slide omelet out onto plate, folding omelet in half. Cut omelet into wedges and serve. Serves 6 as an appetizer.