Grandma's Favorites: 19 Vintage Recipes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you think back to your favorite childhood foods, chances are you might think about your grandma's home cooking. This list of Grandma's Favorite Vintage Recipes take you back to the days when ingredients were simple and preparing supper was a no-fuss process. Grandma's favorite recipes for suppers, side dishes, and (best of all) desserts are timeless classics that are loved by all. They're the dishes that have been in the family for generations. Grandma's not afraid to use shortcut ingredients, so these vintage recipes are as easy to make as they are delicious. Whether you're cooking a big chicken dinner, or want to make the best cake of your life, flip to Grandma's favorite recipes for dishes that are sure to please.
From traditional supper recipes, to the best side dishes, and vintage recipes for dessert, this list of Grandma's favorites is one that you'll want to keep in your recipe box for ages. Once you make these classic comforting dishes, they'll become regulars on your kitchen table. What better way to get the family together than at the dinner table, enjoying a wonderful home cooked meal? When it comes to food, Grandma knows best!
Grandma's Favorites: 19 Vintage Recipes
Table of Contents
These vintage recipes for supper are some of the easiest recipes around. Classic comfort food like salisbury steak and goulash are good regardless of what the occasion. No matter who you're feeding, they're sure to love these old-fashioned recipes for dinner. Once you try them, you'll be more tempted than ever to stay home for dinner, save money, and visit with family or guests.
- Classic Cottage Pie (shown)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Wholesome Hamburger Hot Dish
- Olden Times German Goulash
- Homestyle Farmer's Chicken Dinner
- Grandma's Salisbury Steak Casserole
- Comfort Chicken and Dumplings
These are the best side dishes in Grandma's recipe box. Although sides are typically an afterthought, these ones are special. No meal is complete without a few side dishes that can be piled high on your plate. Classic vintage recipes like baked beans and potato side dishes take a main dish and turn it into a full meal ready to serve to guests or enjoy on any day of the week.
- Classic Funeral Potatoes (shown)
- Old-Fashioned Macaroni Salad
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Nothing Better Buttermilk Biscuits (shown at top of page)
- The Creamiest Mashed Potatoes Ever
- Best Ever Potato Salad
If there's one thing Grandma knows how to make, it's dessert. No-fuss classic desserts are the best because many of them can be made with ingredients you already have in your pantry, and they're always delicious! Vintage recipes for cake, bars, and other desserts never fail to impress. You'll be known for your famous sweet treats after trying out these recipes.
- Awesome Apple Cinnamon Bars (shown)
- Grandma's Famous Coconut Chocolate Bars
- Martha Washington Candy
- Traditional Ambrosia Salad (shown at top of page)
- Nana's Pecan Cake Roll
- Grandma's Great Depression Cake
Grandma's Classic Fruit Jello Cake - Check out this easy-to-follow recipe on our RecipeLion YouTube channel. This fruit mold is a beautiful addition to any desserts table!
So next time you're craving a delicious home cooked meal, turn to Grandma's recipes. For even more old-fashioned recipes, don't miss our collection of Vintage Meals from Yesteryear: 22 Old-Fashioned Recipes.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 365 Easy Dinner Recipes for Every Day of the Year
- Our 13 Best Funeral Foods for Those in Need
- "Top Rated Amish Recipes: 26 Classic, Old-Fashioned Recipes" eCookbook
- 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- Grandma's Favorites: 19 Vintage Recipes
- Dump and Go Dinners: 22 Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas + 4 Bonus Dump Desserts
- RecipeLion's Top 25 Food Blogs of 2017
- 50 Favorite American Recipes by State Free eCookbook
- 9 Jiffy Cornbread Recipes You'll Love
- 17 Old West Cowboy Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- One Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta
- Meatball Lasagna Roll Ups
- Healthy Chocolate Muffins
- Easy Pink Champagne Cupcakes
- Vintage Applesauce Cake
- 20 Minute Magic Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Marshmallow Valentine Cake
- Easy Cake Mix Valentine's Day Cookies
- One Pot Creamy Pesto Chicken
- Love Letter Valentine's Day Cookies
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes