30 Charming Old Fashioned Recipes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing quite like old fashioned recipes to get you excited about sitting down to dinner. These comforting dishes might be staples in our homes and are likely to evoke memories from our childhood. From days spent with our moms in the kitchen to nights sitting down to the table with the whole family, food-centered nostalgia is a powerful thing. So much quality time is spent over delicious meals in fact, that we wanted to share some old fashioned recipes we remember fondly. We've gathered 30 vintage recipes that have been the cornerstone of so many American dinner tables. With these old-fashioned classics, we hope you'll be able to recreate some of the nostalgia you remember from your youth and recreate that for your family. Take a stroll down memory lane, indulge in some comfort food, and introduce an old favorite to your family.
And to start, take a look at our test kitchen recipe for Grandma's Old Fashioned Aspic:
Table of Contents
Old Fashioned Dinner Recipes
These old fashioned dinner recipes will bring back those memories of what it was like gathering around the dinner table as a child. From classic recipes, Mom used to make like tuna casserole and meatloaf to recipes you might remember from the diner, like chicken fried chicken and Salisbury steak, these old-fashioned favorites are bound to please.
If you're in the mood for even more old-fashioned recipes, discover our round-up of 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
Old Fashioned Dessert Recipes
What's better than delicious old fashioned desserts? We can't think of much. Pound cake, cookies, pie, and cookie bars... the treats below are things you might remember seeing in your grandmother's cookbook. Mom may have been passed a few of these vintage recipes over the years, and now it's your turn. Pour yourself a tall glass of milk and get ready to take a trip down memory lane with these great desserts.
Find even more vintage-style recipes, try our "Top Rated Amish Recipes: 26 Classic, Old-Fashioned Recipes" eCookbook
Other Classic Vintage Recipes
What do sour cream doughnuts have in common with chicken pot pie? Not a lot, thankfully! But they are both delicious old fashioned recipes and they can both be found in the list below that includes a few more of our favorite classic vintage recipes. We just couldn't leave these old time favorites off the list, so we hope you enjoy!
For more throwback recipes, check out this collection: 22 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s
What is your fondest food memory or favorite dish from your childhood?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Dump and Go Dinners: 22 Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas + 4 Bonus Dump Desserts
- How to Tailgate + 5 Game Day Recipes
- 25 Easiest Make Ahead Meals Ever
- 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- 19 Recipes from Grandmas Around the World
- 26 Simple 5-Minute Recipes
- Our 13 Best Funeral Foods for Those in Need
- 9 Jiffy Cornbread Recipes You'll Love
- 17 Old West Cowboy Recipes
- 22 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Raw Vegan Lemon Raffaellos
- 3-Ingredient Grilled Beer Brats
- How To Make An Exceptional 3 Minute Hummus
- Cream of Celery Soup (Condensed)
- Malt Vinegar Coleslaw
- Easy Berry Cobbler with Peach Nice Cream (Gluten Free + Dairy Free)
- Greek Freak Dressing
- Banana Pancakes
- Apple Walnut Cake with Caramel Glaze
- Sesame Chicken with Pea Pods
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes