30 Charming Old Fashioned Recipes
By: Jamie Garcia, Editor, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing quite like old fashioned recipes to get you excited about sitting down to dinner. These comforting dishes might be staples in our homes and are likely to evoke memories from our childhood. From days spent with our moms in the kitchen to nights sitting down to the table with the whole family, food-centered nostalgia is a powerful thing. So much quality time is spent over delicious meals in fact, that we wanted to share some old fashioned recipes we remember fondly. We've gathered 30 vintage recipes that have been the cornerstone of so many American dinner tables. With these old-fashioned classics, we hope you'll be able to recreate some of the nostalgia you remember from your youth and recreate that for your family. Take a stroll down memory lane, indulge in some comfort food, and introduce an old favorite to your family.
Plus! We want to hear from you. Tell us about your fondest food memory below!
Table of Contents
Old Fashioned Dinner Recipes
These old fashioned dinner recipes will bring back those memories of what it was like gathering around the dinner table as a child. From classic recipes, Mom used to make like tuna casserole and meatloaf to recipes you might remember from the diner, like chicken fried chicken and Salisbury steak, these old-fashioned favorites are bound to please.
If you're in the mood for even more old-fashioned recipes, discover our round-up of 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
Old Fashioned Dessert Recipes
What's better than delicious old fashioned desserts? We can't think of much. Pound cake, cookies, pie, and cookie bars... the treats below are things you might remember seeing in your grandmother's cookbook. Mom may have been passed a few of these vintage recipes over the years, and now it's your turn. Pour yourself a tall glass of milk and get ready to take a trip down memory lane with these great desserts.
Find even more vintage-style recipes, try our "Top Rated Amish Recipes: 26 Classic, Old-Fashioned Recipes" eCookbook
Other Classic Vintage Recipes
What do sour cream doughnuts have in common with chicken pot pie? Not a lot, thankfully! But they are both delicious old fashioned recipes and they can both be found in the list below that includes a few more of our favorite classic vintage recipes. We just couldn't leave these old time favorites off the list, so we hope you enjoy!
For more throwback recipes, check out this collection: 22 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s
What is your fondest food memory or favorite dish from your childhood?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 9 Jiffy Cornbread Recipes You'll Love
- Our 13 Best Funeral Foods for Those in Need
- 365 Easy Dinner Recipes for Every Day of the Year
- Dump and Go Dinners: 22 Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas + 4 Bonus Dump Desserts
- 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- 30 Easy Dinner Recipes for April
- The Best Dinner Recipes, Delicious Desserts & More: 20 Must-Have Recipes
- 22 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s
- Dinner for Two: 34 Most Loved Recipes for Two
- 17 Old West Cowboy Recipes
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Smoky Bacon Baked Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Ham and White Bean Soup
- Steamed Mussels in Garlic and Herb Wine Sauce
- Smooth & Creamy Hummus
- Sweet Potato Peanut Curry Soup
- 30 Minute Pad Thai
- Baked Chocolate Mint Doughnuts
- Marbled Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Poppy Seed Cheesecake Crinkles
- No Bake Chocolate Mousse Cups