Classic Hot Cocoa
When the kids come in from playing in the snow, you know they're going to want a mug of Classic Hot Cocoa. Good homemade Christmas gifts are as simple as yummy hot cocoa.
- 1 cup (250 mililiter) water
- 1/4 cup (50 mililiter) cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons (45 mililiter) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mililiter) cinnamon
- 3 cups (750 mililiter) milk
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan bring the water, cocoa powder, sugar and cinnamon to a boil. Boil for two minutes.
- Add the milk to the cocoa mixture, stirring to combine. Bring the mixture almost to a boil stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and let the mixture remain over the heat for a few minutes to thicken slightly (5 - 10 minutes depending on your willpower).
- Beat the mixture before serving.
- Garnish with marshmallows, whipping cream and/or ground chocolate.
Read NextBest Apple Pie Moonshine