26 Easy Cool Whip Desserts
These easy desserts are made with Cool Whip, so you know they're going to be creamy!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A family favorite, Cool Whip is a great light alternative to whipped cream. You can top a pie or fruit with it, or even mix it with pudding and have a chocolate pie in minutes. There are so many great uses for Cool Whip and it won't break the bank. We've put together our favorite Cool Whip desserts in this collection so you can be fully prepared the next time you host a party or need a quick dessert you can whip up on the fly. These recipes are great for creating desserts for parties and potlucks but are also easy enough to create just to satisfy your sweet tooth. From cakes to pies to fluff and so much more, you won't be able to get enough of these delicious Cool Whip desserts.
Plus, check out our video for an easy Cool Whip recipe below!
Table of Contents
Easy Cool Whip Pie Recipes
Below, you'll find some truly decadent Cool Whip pie recipes. These creamy, dreamy recipes are sure to make your next party pop. The best part is that none of these recipes require an oven, so you can whip them up in a flash.
- No-Bake Kool-Aid Pie
This tasty pie is made out of just 4 ingredients, making it as easy as it is yummy! The pretty pink color makes it a welcome addition to any potluck.
- Lemon Icebox Pie
Lovely, light, and refreshing, this fresh lemon recipe is ideal for summer days. This vintage recipe with a twist is actually pretty healthy as it uses Greek yogurt instead of cream cheese like the classic variation.
- Creamy No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Whip up this fluffy and fun dessert before your next party. The combo of creamy peanut butter and cool whip makes for a texture you will love. Plus, who can resist the peanut butter cups crumbled on top?
- Cool Whip Key Lime Pie
Making key lime pie with whipped topping is the ultimate summer treat. The zing of lime and the fluffy of cool whip combine for one unique treat. Make this the night before then garnish it minutes before serving.
- No-Bake Million Dollar Pie
Trying out this pie recipe is definitely a good investment! Once you make it once, you'll make it a million times over. Based on the classic recipe, it only takes a few moments to make.
- Incredibly Easy Banana Split Pie
Banana splits can be messy! They're also insanely tasty. Skip the melting mess and make this pie instead! Layered deliciously and cheap to make, you might be tempted to eat so much of this pie your pants split right open.
- 3-Ingredient Yogurt Pie
Three ingredients and just 10 minutes of prep yield one stunning and tasty pie. This light and lovely strawberry flavored dessert is the ideal over-night sensation for a picnic or summer potluck.
For more no-bake desserts, try our collection, 13 No-Bake & Easy Pie Recipes
Cool Whip Cake Recipes
If you're someone who enjoys cakes over pie, this section is for you. Find a delicious no-bake Cool Whip cake recipe for any occasion below! Or, maybe you're more in the mood for pudding? We've got that too. Enjoy these simple Cool Whip desserts any time of the year -- they're just that good!
- Ambrosia Cake
Cake mix, cool whip, mini marshmallows, and more come together beautifully in this charming ambrosia cake recipe. You'll love the combo of naturally sweet fruit and creamy cool whip in this cool whip recipe.
- Coconut and Lemon Poke Cake
This recipe made with cool whip and cake mix has a fluffy texture that everyone will love. The lemony taste makes it an ideal dessert for a summer gathering or light lunches.
- Banana Split Pudding Poke Cake
Get all the flavor of a banana split in one lovely little cake recipe. Delicious and simple, this cake decorated with maraschino cherries is as cute as it is flavorful.
- Pudding Lust Cake
Trust me. You'll be yearning for pudding once you taste this cool whip concoction. This amazingly simple recipe is better than you know what.
- Creamy Dreamy Vanilla Pudding Cake
This recipe uses a unique ingredient to make its shockingly tasty crust. Check out this full recipe from our test kitchen to find out what it is.
- Frozen Orange Creamsicle Cake
Nothing says summer like the flavor of an orange creamsicle. Recreate this vintage treat when you make this cool whip cake recipe for your whole family.
- Cookie Crusted Banana Freezer Cake
This is the ultimate make it and forget about it recipe. This easy freezy cake can be made the night before the party and served up ice cold. It's perfect for summer!
Try this full Cool Whip dessert recipe from our newest cookbook, No-Bake Desserts 103 Easy Recipes for No-Bake Cookies, Bars, and Treats: Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar
Dessert Lasagna, Fluff, and More Cool Whip Desserts
For everything else you can do with Cool Whip, take a peek at the desserts below. From fluffy dessert salad to delicious strawberry recipes to layered no-bake dessert casseroles, this list has truly outdone itself on the delectable scale. Any of these easy Cool Whip recipes is sure to please a crowd, so what are you waiting for? Dig in!
- Angel Fluff Salad
Combine the fluffy of cool whip and the sweet treat of fruit to make this dessert salad. Dreamy and delicious, this cool whip recipe is perfect for a last-minute pot luck dish.
- Creamy Vanilla Dessert Lasagna
This dessert lasagna recipe is layered up with different textures and treats! You will love piling on layers and layers of cookies, pudding, cool whip, and more to complete the decadent (and easy) recipe.
- 10 Minute Cool Whip Cookies
Cookies in 10 minutes? It IS possible with this simple little recipe. You'll be surprised how adding cool whip to baked goods can transform the flavor and the consistency.
- Bring-Along Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad
Is there anything better than combining the salty taste of pretzels with a sweet treat? This simple strawberry, cool whip, and jello salad is proof that the combo is delightful.
- Pineapple Delight Dessert
Treat yourself to a tropical dessert with this amazing recipe! This pineapple cool whip treat is ideal for potlucks or a summer cook out.
- Mermaid Tail Jell-O Cups
Whether you need a birthday party recipe or just something quick and cute for the kids, this mermaid cookie ideal is too cute to pass by. Not big into mermaids? Make whale tales instead.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Fluff Salad
Cool whip and peanut butter might seem like a crazy combo, but it actually combines in a really pleasing way. Try this alternative to fruity fluff recipes.
- Layered Pineapple Dream
Pineapple and cool whip go together like peanut butter and jelly. Make this tropical treat for your next party!
- 1950s Magic Jell-O Dessert
Nothing says vintage 50s recipes quite like recipes with cool whip or jello. Combine these once-trendy and vintage ingredients for one old school and crazy tasty recipe.
- Frog Eye Salad
VIDEO Follow along with our test kitchen to learn how to make a vintage frog eye salad! This classic recipe tastes a lot better than it sounds. It doesn't include anything amphibious either. We promise.
- Party Perfect Strawberry Jell-O
VIDEO We're obsessed with vintage recipes here at RecipeLion and this recipe is the pinnacle of old-school cooking. Combine jello and cool whip to make this lovely, 50s treat.
Homemade Cool Whip Recipe
Easy Homemade Cool Whip
Makes: 3 Cups
1/4 cup cold water
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (see note)
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 3/4 cup whipping cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Place the water into a very small saucepan and sprinkle gelatin over it. After 2-3 minutes, it will form a jelly-like mixture. Place over low heat and stir just until you are sure the gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool (see note).
2. In a small bowl, stir the cream of tartar into a small amount of the whipping cream and use a whisk to be sure there are no lumps. Pour this into the bowl of an electric mixer, add the remaining cream and begin to whip on medium speed.
3. As the cream begins to froth, slowly add the sugar and increase speed to high. The cream will begin to increase in volume and thicken. With the machine running, slowly add the gelatin mixture and continue to whip until cream is light and thick about 2 more minutes.
4. Use immediately or place in an airtight covered container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. This mixture should not be frozen.
Click here to see a video tutorial for this recipe!
Cream of tartar is a natural ingredient, which increases the size of air bubbles in the cream. The gelatin then will stabilize the mixture and allow the whipped cream to hold its shape for several days.
7 Things You Never Knew About Cool Whip
1. Whipped cream is really old. It has been around since the 16th century.
2. Cream will only whip at a temperature of under 50 degrees. Any warmer and it becomes butter.
3. Cool Whip was developed in 1966 after a General Mills survey revealed that housewives wanted a pre-whipped dessert topping that came ready to serve.
4. Sodium caseinate is an ingredient that Cool Whip and glue have in common.
5. Unlike whipped cream, Cool Whip lasts for weeks. (Whipped cream will only last a few days at most when refrigerated).
6. Cool Whip is the best-selling dessert topping in the United States.
7. January 5th is National Whipped Cream Day.
Do you prefer real whipped cream or Cool Whip? Tell us why!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Ree Drummond's Salted Caramel Brownie Recipe
Raspberry Tiramisu Trifle
Stupidly Easy Crescent Roll Dessert
Frog Eye Salad
English Berry Tarts Appetizer Recipe
Strawberry and Champagne Cake Balls
Layered No-Bake Banana Split Dessert
Easy Apple Pie Dumplings
Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies
Cinnamon Roll Whoopie Pies
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Beef and Carrot Meatballs
- Dump-and-Bake Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Kkakdugi (Korean Radish Kimchi)
- Chocolate Mousse Mint Pots
- Blackened Balsamic Cauliflower
- Mandarin Orange Coconut Bars for Mother's Day!
- Homemade Baked Potato Chips
- Tex Mex Pasta Baked Casserole
- Pork Meatloaf Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
- Saag Paneer
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes