Old Fashioned Apple Slump
Apple dessert recipes are wonderful all year round, but during the fall months they are simply the best. Take a step back in time with this vintage dessert recipe. This Old Fashioned Apple Slump will surely remind you of home cooking with grandma.
Cooking Time45 min
- 6 tart apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss together apples, brown sugar and spices. Place in a buttered baking dish and bake at for 20 minutes.
- Sift together dry ingredients. In separate bowl, mix wet ingredients. Add to dry ingredients, stirring till just combined.
- Spread topping over apples and bake for 25 minutes. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Dessert"
Satisfy your sweet tooth with our selection of thousands of dessert recipes, including chocolate desserts, quick and easy dessert recipes, Italian dessert recipes and Christmas dessert recipes.