Hot Rhubarb Snow
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Make this awesome hot rhubarb snow recipe for parties, work functions, or for yourself. Others will naturally gravitate toward this scrumptious dessert.
Want to know more about how to prepare rhubarb? Check out our collection of 14 phenomenal rhubarb recipes.
- 5 stalks rhubarb
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar, extra
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Trim rhubarb.
- Cut into 2 centimiter pieces and mash with water and the first measure of sugar for 10 minutes or until pulpy.
- Mix in lemon rind and set aside to cool.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually beat in sugar until thick and glossy.
- Fold in cornflour and baking powder. Fold through cooled rhubarb.
- Spread in a 9 inch round ovenproof dish and bake at 350 degrees F (180 C) for 15 minutes.
Read NextStarbucks Lemon Loaf