Country Apple Bread Pudding
Country Apple Bread Pudding is one of my family's favorite bread pudding recipes. The apple adds a sweet surprise that your typical bread putting lacks. Easy to make, enjoy this tasty treat with ice cream for the ultimate dessert.
- 2 1/2 cups wholewheat bread cubes
- 1/2 cup apple, diced, cored, and peeled
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in bits
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- In mixing bowl, toss together bread, apple and butter.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs and honey; whisk in cider, and vanilla and cinnamon (if using). Pour over bread mixture. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Pour pudding into 6-cup baking dish. Bake until pudding is firm, about 45 minutes.
Read NextOreo Delight Recipe