Cinnamon Rhubarb Crisp
Make your next dessert recipe out of rhubarb! This rhubarb crisp recipe is great for any fruit lover. Make cooking with rhubarb a necessity!
Want to know more about how to prepare rhubarb? Check out our collection of 14 phenomenal rhubarb recipes.
Cooking Time50 min
- 1 3/4 to 2 pounds rhubarb
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut rhubarb into 1-inch pieces to make about 6 cups.
- Combine brown sugar, cornstarch, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Toss with rhubarb.
- Place in 2-quart oval casserole or 13- by 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, flour, oatmeal, granulated sugar, salt, and nutmeg.
- Mix butter into flour-oatmeal mixture by squeezing between fingers until incorporated.
- Sprinkle on top of rhubarb.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until bubbly and light brown on top, 45 to 50 minutes.