Caramel Pecan Bread Pudding
Make your dessert heavenly with Caramel Pecan Pudding. Drizzled with caramel and topped with pecans, this sweet delicious treat will have you coming back for more. Enjoy with your favorite ice cream and be sinful tonight.
- 1/2 pound French, Italian, egg or sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (10 cups)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 quart half and half or milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup caramel flavor sundae topping
- Whipped cream or topping (optional)
- Spray 2-quart Square casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Place bread cubes in casserole; sprinkle in pecans, then pour butter over all. Toss lightly.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Whisk together half and half, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour evenly over bread cubes and let stand 5 minutes.
- Microwave on Medium (50% power) 10-12 minutes, until mixture is just beginning to set.
- Place in preheated oven 12-15 minutes until pudding is puffed and golden brown. Remove from oven to wire rack; let stand 15 minutes to cool slightly.
- Soften caramel topping in microwave to a pourable consistency; drizzle over warm bread pudding. To serve, cut into squares or spoon into dessert dishes. Serve, if desired, with whipped cream.
Read NextStrawberry Pretzel Salad