Buttermilk Blueberry Buckle
This buckle is like a traditional cake but with blueberries inside instead of chocolate! You can use any fresh or frozen fruit for this sweet and tart dessert.
Hey if you like this blueberry recipe check out our favorites in this collection of 16 Delicious and Fun Blueberry Recipes.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt and add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Mix well.
- Toss berries in remaining flour, then fold into batter (discard any flour that does not stick to berries).
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan. For the topping combine flour, sugars and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Read NextAmish Style Church Windows Dessert